Over the telephonic conversation with VoiceofSikkim, Mrs Bhandari has made it clear to put up some questions ahead for justification on SPDCL to Power Secretary Mr Wangchen. But unfortunately due to non availability of said sources for justification in the office, she has made it through some questions as follows,
1. The NIT published in the Economic times on 23.12.98 invited offers from parties who could arrange 100% debt. 8 parties sent their offers along with Amalgamated Transpower (India) Pvt. Ltd. , New Delhi.
2. Offers were opened on 5.02.99 in the presence of 6 persons. Out of which Mr P K Das was the consultant to the Government of Sikkim.
3. 18.04.99 , the work was awarded to ATPL, company headed by the same Mr P K Das.
4. Going against the laid down norms of the government, the SPDCL proposed for debt/borrowing/credit of Rs 275 Crores through NIT for implementation of the project .
5. Government is said to have terminated the agreement on 21st Dec 02 with ATPL as they failed to execute the tendered work.
My additional questions are :
1.The process of tender and the authorised signatories which enabled a sitting government consultant to secure the tender??
2. Conditions of advance and security / bank guarantee obtained against it ??
3, If the work was not executed , why did the department sleep over the matter for so long?? Why has not the department tried to realise the money till date ?? Has the department filed any legal suit against the same??
4. What was the mode of source of advance money released??
5. How did Mr P K Das who is supposed to be untraceable take out a notice in a local daily claiming that the work had been awarded to his company and any other companies trying to take over would face legal battle in the court regarding the same ??